Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Readers and Followers



In the beginning, the elohim created skies and earth.

Welcome back, reader.  I was thinking this morning as I walked and stared at Sirius, called the Dog Star, the brightest star in the sky, how unfortunate it is that blog readers are signed up as "followers."  I for one am reluctant to be anyone's follower.

I certainly do not want anyone following me.

However, for those who are able to feel the joy I feel just for being alive every day, and for those who are able to cast all doctrinal and existential distractions aside in order to contemplate what it means to love a God of love, I would wish for you what I know.  

But I would not want you to follow me.  I'm just like all the other average joes and janes, jamals and jamikas, juans and juanitas, juangs and jings in the world.   

We have too many followers, but enough good readers.  All too many are following pied pipers and charlatans in politics and religion. We wonder how some are unable to see that many who would lead us are nuts.

I would have readers, lots of them, and I would be a reader such as I am of "Kissing Fish."


Blessings…

No comments:

Post a Comment