Tuesday, February 11, 2014



150 AND COUNTING

In the beginning, the elohim created skies and earth.

Welcome back.  I salute the few of you who are reading this blog.


Yesterday, I wrote post number 150, which is a mile marker of sorts.  Thank you so much for being here with me.  I hope as more readers arrive that my inspiration increases grace in your lives. 

This first year has been all about discovery.  I wanted to discover if I have the wherewithal to write everyday about our God of love.  

Writing has never been a challenge.  Life is what tasks me. Life’s encroachment on my time is the unsurprising truth unveiled to me.

Like everyone else in this country I work hard and find myself wanting to fall asleep when I get home rather than write.  That’s because I am a schoolteacher.

No one works harder than a schoolteacher these days.

However, I am happy to know that no matter how weary I am, words pour out of my fingers and drench my keyboard.  

This blogging time is essentially my quiet time where I proclaim to our unsuspecting world the lifelong love I've tendered toward that mysterious Being whose presence ever remains irresistible.

How do we love God except by offering our talents?  

It has been said that the key to career happiness is to get paid doing what we already love to do.

God happiness happens when we give to God a portion of what we love to do every day.  

If I loved to paint, I would never cease imagining rainbows and celestial mansions on canvas.  

If I loved to sing, as I do, but with a voice that elevates those who hear it, I would serenade the world with repertoire of timeless hymns and secular songs of joy, love, sadness, longing, and life.

If all I loved to do was to tie knots, and I was really awesome doing it, then I would twist such amazing tangles, hitches, and splices for fun; yet make an offering of dedicated ropes arrayed with such Gordian complexity and beauty that admirers would be bound mystically to God in my art.

All I have is what I am doing right now.  I've written millions of words mainly about God in my lifetime:  in ink and in photons.  This blogging is a Godsend for me.  I worship.  I share…with those of you who take time to read it.

What a beatitude this is for me to live!

Blessings...



No comments:

Post a Comment