Friday, April 11, 2014

A SABBATH BLESSING

In the beginning, the elohim created skies and earth.

Welcome back. Let's think about rest.

At sundown today, the weekly day of rest that Jesus enjoyed began.  Now, I'm no kind of Adventist, although I deeply admire those good brothers and sisters, but I do like to remind myself from time to time that Jesus was Jewish and not a Christian.

Therefore, I acknowledge this time of the week.  I love a tradition of rest.  Only the kindest God would make rest a commandment.  

Like everyone else in this country, I work my tail off more hours of the day and week than I do anything else.  I appreciate rest and have no doubts about its sacredness.

With all that in mind, let me say:

May the Lord bless you and keep you this Sabbath Day.  May the Lord grant you a profound rest.  May you begin your new week with a mind that may not dwell on God consciously throughout the distractions of a week of days, yet it belongs to God.  May your heart be forever in God.  May your well being find succor in God's love.  Amen.

Blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment