Thursday, May 15, 2014

A TIME OF KNOWING INFINITE GRATITUDE

In the beginning, the elohim created skies and earth.

Welcome back.  Let's think about giving thanks.

Sometimes a prayer of thanksgiving to God gets strangled in the throat, stuck to the roof top of the mouth, and coughed past the lips.  That's when we thank God for those things that could have been a lot worse.

But sometimes, thanksgiving is so heart felt that just one breath launches us beyond all thought and time into an infinite, elevated multi-verse of thanksgiving.

Of course, I am thinking about summer break.  Never, in the annals of William D. Heard, have I yearned for the view of my school inside my rear view mirror.  Tomorrow is the next to last Friday of the most awful year of my professional life.

This time next week all of me, including my shadow, will tremble with joy inexpressible.  The nightmare will be over.  

And I thought last year was horrendous!

I am thankful for those long days of summer even though they pass as quickly as coffee pouring into a cup.  It's the only time in my life I catch a glimpse of the writer's life.  I can hardly wait.

So I say, "Praise the Lord!"

Blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment