Thursday, May 29, 2014

THE AMBIVALENCE OF LIFE

In the beginning, the elohim created skies and earth.

Welcome back.  Let's think about joy and sorrow.

Mrs. Dubose, my gray bundle of feline fur, died early this morning. It has been a sad day for my wife and me.  It's not wailing sad...just sad.

And then, tonight we celebrated a Savannah daughter's graduation from SCAD.  The occasion was joyous and nostalgic.  Tears were shed for a loved one moving to other places to expand her futures.  

I suppose some of us can be joyful every waking minute.  If that is the case, surely another can be sorrowful every lasting second.  

For most of us, however, life pendulums between joy and sorrow. Its energy eases between the extremes in a middling kind of ambivalence that elevates life with splendid unpredictable imprimatur.  I would have it no other way.

Blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment