Tuesday, May 27, 2014

LOVE'S PLEASURES AND HEARTACHES

In the beginning,the elohim created skies and earth.

Welcome back.  Let's think about cats.

I have a cat who is dying.  She will not be alive this time next week.  I've had this cat since the year 2000.

Her name is Mrs. Dubose.  She is a gray feline with green eyes and an perennial expression of sweetness behind her whiskers.

She's an old girl.  Her time has come.  

I brought her along from a broken relationship.  Originally, she was my wife's cat.  I took her with me so she would be cared for and loved.

Unlike my other cat, Atticus Finch, she does not like head bumping me or giving me kitty kisses.  She loves sitting near me and receiving the benefits of hour and hours of head scratches and light petting behind her ears.  

If I lose her in the house, I do the cliche whistle that men whistle when we see a good looking dame.  She comes every time.  

Having this furry critter and loving her is a remarkable experience.  The idea that rational human beings would co-habitate with animals seems strange to me.  I cannot recall a time in my life when I did not have pets.

Love strikes us with such a peculiar poetry of yearning.  I would have her live with me forever and care for her.  I will miss her when she is gone.

I do believe that every experience of love is knowing God.

Blessings...


No comments:

Post a Comment