Thursday, July 31, 2014

RAIN! RAIN! GO NOT AWAY!

In the beginning, the elohim created skies and earth.

Welcome back. Let's think about rain.

It’s a pouring rain pounding Savannah this morning.  I had to go out in it.  I was forced to go because my wife, blessed be she, was fussing about a document left in the car, and I groused about it, but when she said she would go get it, I knew I had to go. 

And go did I with an umbrella.  I have the wet spots on my shirt and in my hair to prove it. As it turned out, I could not find it.  My wife gave me her vague directions.

“It’s on the passenger seat.”

I looked “on the passenger seat,” and below the passenger seat, around the passenger seat, atop the passenger seat, the back seat on the passenger seat side, and for some strange reason, in the trunk too.

Meanwhile, as the rain pounded Savannah, it pummeled my umbrella, switched my back and legs, and stomped on my feet.

When I returned, I learned she meant under the sun visor near the passenger seat.  I did not think to look there.

Hey!  I slept on pain medicine, which I hate, and woke up with several bales of cotton suffered inside my brain.

As it turned out I did not need that paperwork for what I wanted to do.  All I needed was the username and password that I had written on that paperwork and into my cotton stuffed brain.  Unfortunately, when I had pushed enough cotton aside to realize it, the rain had already got me.

Oh, but the sound of it and the feeling of excitement from it has melted a lot of the cotton away.  I wanted to do what I had done during many other rainy days of yore and that was to run out into it on a field, and run run run! Then slide slide slide on the grass with the water sopping up over me as my belly and chest smacked and raced over soaked earth.

My brothers and sisters did that a lot in the yard when we were kids.  Umbrellas were only for spinning or tossing up into the air to see if they would fall from the sky as if Mary Poppins held them.

This sort of meditation comes to mind when I meditate on the words, “God saw all that he had made, and indeed, it was very good.” 

Blessings…






No comments:

Post a Comment