Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Christianity for the Next 1000 Years: Science Testimony Cont.



In the beginning, God created skies and earth.

I took my first biology class when I was a freshman at the university. I never will forget, my professor announced on the first day that we would be studying evolution, but in the interest of fairness, he wanted to show us the evidence for creationism. 

He spent the entire class writing the Genesis account of creation onto the chalk board. After he was finished, he turned and said, “That is all the evidence there is for creationism. Now, we turn to evolution.” 

Dr. Van Horn was his name.  For the first two weeks of the course, he lectured about evolution and natural selection.  During the rest, evolution imbued every natural process we examined.  


I began to feel my culture had duped me, and for a long time I resented that.

Thanks for coming. Next time, I will write more specifically about Intelligent Design.

Blessings…


No comments:

Post a Comment