Friday, August 1, 2014

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

In the beginning, the elohim created skies and earth.

Welcome back. Let's think about gratitude.

When we think about it, for most of us, especially in this country where those of us in the middle class are pretty well fed and cabled, most of our days we find that it is easy to love our God of love. 

Bad times that come, may last interminably, but when they last a short while only the scars remain. During those times, the absence of our God of love is keenly felt.

Well, for me, today is a laurel and hardy thank you day. I begin my first day on the job at my new school, today. I will meet my school colleagues, today. The English Department of my school will find my glowing face sitting rapturously among them, today.

It’ll be teaching, ball games, and pep rallies, for your humble theologian, folks.

To all of you I say, “Hee Haw!” and “Yee Hah!”  and “Whoo!  Hoo!”

To our God of love I say, “Thank you!”

“Thank you!”

“Thank you!”

“Thank you!”
                                
And, “Thank you!”

Blessings…



No comments:

Post a Comment